Senior C++ Engineer, 3D ToolsRedwood City, CA
IMVU is seeking a senior full stack software engineer to join us in building out our 3D animation and rendering applications and tools. If you have strong C++ skills with experience or interest in 3D graphics this is the job for you. You will be developing shared application logic written in C++ that is leveraged by our application teams on iOS, Android and the web. You will be joining the team that wraps up our 3D technologies and works with our application teams to leverage those technologies in amazing ways. As a liaison to our application teams, your experience with iOS, Android or java script will be valuable in this role, while your C++ expertise will be paramount.
You’ll be joining the team that provides the underpinnings for all the bleeding edge apps at IMVU: 3D Chat rooms, 3D scene design tools, WithMoji 3D stickers, server-side image rendering of 3D assets, and more!
- Minimum 5 years experience writing scalable, reliable software
- BA/BS in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Strong in C++
- Comfortable working with, learning and debugging different languages
- A firm grasp of Computer Science fundamentals including object oriented design, data structure, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis.
- Skilled at traversing existing code, addressing issues that need immediate attention balanced against long-term refactoring needs, business needs and code quality goals.
- Familiar with REST interfaces and network protocols
BONUS POINTS (not required, but nice to have)
- Experience developing 3D engine technologies
- Experience with iOS and/or Android development
- Knowledge of Unity, Unreal Engine, Crysis, Ogre (in that order)
- Experience building UIs or backends for 3D modeling/rendering tools
- Experience with 3D authoring tools: 3D Studio, Blender, Maya, etc.
- Comfortable developing on a Mac
- Competent using git and github
- Able to grok OO design patterns and C++ idioms
- Fond of loose-coupling and layered architectures
- Understanding of CDNs and browser caching
- Working knowledge of cross platform/browser compatibility issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome)
IMVU, Inc. (http://nl.imvu.com) is an online social entertainment destination where members use 3D avatars to meet new people, chat, create and play games with their friends. Our developers are given significant autonomy over their work: we hire smart people and trust them to use their creativity and talents to do right by their peers and our customers. We are longstanding evangelists of Continuous Deployment, strong supporters of open source software and we spawned the Lean Startup movement. We value humility, open collaboration and foster an environment that supports learning from and mentoring others. We want you to grow your talent and career. We’ll provide plenty of interesting challenges and strong support to ensure your success.
At IMVU, we solve challenging problems and create amazing products together every day! Check out some of what we’re doing on our Engineering blog: http://im.vu/engineering
IMVU has reached 160 million registered users, 10+ million unique visitors per month and a $50+ million annualized revenue run rate. IMVU has the world's largest virtual goods catalog of more than twenty million items, almost all of which are created by its own members. IMVU is available in multiple languages on both Windows PC and Mac platforms as well as for mobile users.
IMVU has been recognized frequently, including Best Place to Work for the past 5 years, Inc. 500/5000, 8th fastest growing private tech company in Silicon Valley over the past 3 years, and 87th fastest growing tech company in North America over the past 4 years.
Founded in 2004, IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital. IMVU reached profitability in 2009.
HOW TO APPLY
Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.