Mobile 3D EngineerRedwood City, CA
Mobile 3D Engineering
Member of Technical Staff
We are seeking colleagues in the WithMe Labs Group at IMVU, who will be responsible for the development and maintenance of mobile applications that include AR, VR, Geolocation, and computer vision. This person will have a highly influential role working alongside fellow engineers and designers across the technology stack, and has a track record that demonstrates a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and shipping quality products.
- Design and build new 3D experiences for iOS and Android
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Help build and maintain tools that streamline shipping products and their assets
- Engage in technical planning and design
- Integrate computer vision frameworks with 3D scene graphs
- Manipulate character rigs with information obtained from the "real world."
- At least three years of professional software development experience
- High-aptitude with Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience building applications in C++1y/C++14
- Experience with Computer Vision
- At least three years of 3D development experience (OpenGL, Metal, Vulcan)
- Familiarity with level design and planning
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance optimization
- Experience with profiling tools
- Proficiency with git, including Github
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- CocoaTouch experience
- Experience with Objective-C, Objective-C++, and Swift
- Experience with Android NDK
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with art asset management
- Has shipped apps to Google Play or Apple App Store
- Experience with 3D game engines and OpenGL shaders
- Experience with developing, deploying and maintaining large scale consumer apps on AWS or other cloud platforms
IMVU, the #1 avatar-based social network welcomes users to join a never-ending world where anything is possible, including connecting with people from all over the world. It's here that the fun is infinite and reality is limitless. The IMVU Virtual Shop is the largest of its kind, with an inventory of more than 20 million user-generated, VR-ready goods and growing everyday. From collections that include the hottest trends and throwback sneakers to fairy wings and couture gowns, the marketplace allows our users to personalize, customize and stylize their 3D avatars and environments to their hearts' content. With over three million unique users every month, our platform is poised for future growth and available on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Our Engineers are given significant autonomy over their work: we hire smart people and trust them to use their creativity and talents to do right by their peers and our customers. We are longstanding evangelists of Continuous Deployment, strong supporters of open source software and we spawned the Lean Startup movement. We value humility, open collaboration and foster an environment that supports learning from and mentoring others. We want you to grow your talent and career. We’ll provide plenty of interesting challenges and strong support to ensure your success. At IMVU, we solve challenging problems and create amazing products together every day! Check out some of what we’re doing on our Engineering blog: http://im.vu/engineering
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, IMVU is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
IMVU has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.